Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 October 2010

Deja vu, but higher

On this blog 2.5 years ago, on 18th March 2008 (blog Day7) , I recorded flying the Duchess over the Needles on the Isle of Wight, during my CPL training. Yesderday I did the same (see left), but in a much larger aircraft, at a much higher altitude, and with far more passengers. Unfortunately I was one of the passengers.

However this morning I turned from passenger to Pilot, and not just that. I've become a bull.

Here at Jerez airport all traffic follows commercial procedures. My flying club here uses the callsign 'Toro' (bull, as in the animal!) and so now I am officially 'Toro 810'. And before you ask 810 is not my weight, IQ or waist circumference. It is my unique designator here.

I flew a short check flight with another instructor this morning, and then another short flight alone this afternoon for familiarisation with the local area. Watch out Spain, Toro 810 is building up steam....

No comments: