Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 April 2008

Day 31

You remember the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I am personally not a great fan of this 'wisdom' as in my experience it is used as an excuse to not seek improvement in a task, process or product. In my former life as a Patent Attorney, and in my former company which virtually invented the concept of 'continuous improvement' within the electronics industry, the rule was "if it ain't broke, break it".

However, I have since learned one important proviso to that, which is that for some strange reason, most aircraft technical faults seem to occur just after a spell in the hangar for maintenance.

A frustrating day today. I was due to fly an aircraft freshly returned from its CAA Annual inspection. Another student was to fly the aircraft before me, and upon his preflight inspection he saw hydraulic fluid leaking out of the fuselage.

By the time another aircraft was available we had basically run out of time, so we'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: