Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Day 26

Another test profile today, this time from Bournemouth to Illminster, then reposition at Dunkeswell for a few circuits, before returning to Bournemouth using the IFR screens.

I'm finding that putting all of the separate training elements together is quite a challenge. Although I have no direct experience of playing golf, I imagine it may be similar in terms of a golfer's game comprising stance, grip, aim, swing, follow-through and so forth. Concentrating too much on any one element runs the risk of diminishing performance in the other elements. Until of course, they become second nature.

Basically I can fly the aircraft without too much difficulty. I can also navigate my way around. I can communicate via the Radio. I can fly on instruments. I can perform the 'set-piece' maneuvers required for the skills test, and I can fly circuits. But putting them all together at the same time and concentrating very hard for two hours has not yet become second nature.


For those who enjoyed last week's humorous photo, here is another, taken from the 'take your kids to work' day archives:

No comments: